Submit your job posting if your job should be listed here too!
Submit your job application to C++ employers via Meeting C++
Gameplay Programmer [Anno] (f/m/d)
published at 11.12.2020 15:14
Location: Mainz, Germany
Company: Ubisoft Mainz
Relocation Level: International
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
The Anno series delivers a rich city-building experience and provides players ample opportunities to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistic networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare. Our team is now looking for a talented Gameplay Programmer (f/m/d) to join us at Ubisoft Mainz in Germany.
If you are a talented programmer with strong C++, we would love to welcome you on the team. We expect you to have outstanding people skills, a collaborative “yes, and…” attitude, and a longstanding passion for games within many genres on multiple platforms.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design and Implement various gameplay systems and tools for the Anno Brand
- Work closely with game designers, programmers, and artists to ensure a great player experience
- Champion core game values, especially 'gameplay first'
- Strong C / C++ programming skills
- Experience in game programming
- Strong data structures, logic, algorithms, and optimization skills
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, AI, pathing, scripting, combat, and online networking
- Speaks “designer” fluently
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English
- Passion for video games
Nice to have:
- Experience in shipping a AAA title
- Experience working with big C++ engines
- Experience in C#, WPF
- UI development experience
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Experience working on networked games
- Experience working on security issues
- In-depth familiarity with Ubisoft products
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Discounted gym membership, corporate benefits, company pension and support for child care
- Free bike rental or lease your own bike
- Working in an innovative and international AAA game company