Track C on-site
Programming languages nowadays are often packed with a standard set of tools that form an ecosystem around it. Compilers and debuggers, static analyzers, build systems, dependency managers, and unit testing frameworks are essential for adoption and evolve with the language.
C++ is about to turn 40. Though the ecosystem was very diverse and incomplete for many years, it is getting better! In this talk, I will discuss:
- The typical “project model - compiler - debugger” triad, and how it still depends on the area of usage (Embedded or Game Development).
- How the build systems and dependency managers are now more standard.
- How Clang affected the standard toolset in all areas, forming not only a baseline for compilers, but also formatters, code analyzers, and IDEs.
- How many code analyzers exist for C++ and why there is still room for improvement.
- How unit testing and code coverage solutions can be used effectively.
- And finally, how the language committee is learning to listen to and help standard toolset contributors.
You’ll get a better understanding of the tools available to help you develop complex solutions in C++ without struggling with toolsets.
Please login to comment