Submit your job posting if your job should be listed here too!
Submit your job application to C++ employers via Meeting C++
Software Engineer C/C++ & Rust
published at 22.07.2020 15:44
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Company: Second Spectrum
Relocation Level: none
Remote support for this position: partial
Full Job Description And Applications
The Software Engineer will contribute to the design and development of the next revision of our video capture systems for live sporting events, and improve existing designs to deliver data (video and metadata) from venues in a wide variety of environments. Second Spectrum expects and empowers engineers to stretch their skill sets, expand their scope and capabilities, and tackle ever-increasing ambitions around speed, accuracy, and cost of these systems.
- Find solutions to hardware and software challenges around low-latency and high-reliability video delivery.
- Design and deploy solutions involving hardware, networking and software; develop embedded and/or real-time systems.
- Implement and provide best-practices for maintainable software development, including deployment process, documentation, and adherence to and improvement of coding standards.
- Support and monitor live systems, including on-call rotation for video capture during professional sports seasons.
- Site reliability engineering: metrics, monitoring, incident response, post-mortem analysis
- BSc or MSc in computer science or a related degree, with strong low-level programming.
- 3+ years of experience in systems software engineering: modern software development practices and tools, concurrent and distributed programming, operating systems, computer networks, database systems.
- Experience with real-time systems; embedded systems is a nice-to-have.
- Fully proficient in both C and modern C++ at a systems level. and Rust. If not familiar with Rust, have a strong interest in working with it.
- Familiar with concurrency primitives: threads, locking and mutexes.
- Experience building metrics and monitoring systems, including alerts and escalation practices.
Your Extra Skills We’d Like to Know About (strong asset):
- Proficient in Rust and/or strong interest to work with it.
- High performance & GPU computing.
- Cloud Computing.
- Experience with Linux systems: internals, kernel modules, kernel tuning, boot loaders.
- Interest in and experience with camera/video system technologies (PTP2, RTMP, RTSP, SDI, GigE Vision, CoaXPress, GenLock, IRIG-B), video compression (264, h.265, VP8, VP9).
Our Technology Stack:
- Programming languages: C, C++ & Rust
- Networking: routing, High MTU/Jumbo Frames, TCP, UDP, IGMP/multicast, fiber, ethernet, VPN
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana
- Revision Control: Git with GitLab
- Cloud services: AWS EC2 and S3
- Productivity: Slack, Notion, Google Apps
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
- Flexible working hours, competitive salary, incentive stock options and improved Swiss social benefits.
- Flat hierarchy and collaborative management by highly-qualified technical leads.
- Team-oriented engineering habits and software engineering best practices (readable, maintainable and efficient code).
- Start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages self-development and opportunities to make an impact.
- Multicultural team with employees based across 5 countries (USA, Switzerland, UK, China and India).
- Highly-qualified team of engineers, who enjoy learning, exchanging ideas and questioning existing standards.
- Regular formal and informal team outings.