Submit your job posting if your job should be listed here too!
Submit your job application to C++ employers via Meeting C++
Software Engineer, Build & Release
published at 16.01.2019 11:40
Relocation Level: Contintent
Remote support for this position: partial
Foundry is in search of a Software Engineer, Build & Release who will focus on enabling our engineers and testers to excel at their roles by providing the support and tools that they need. You will work on automated code builds and deployment, and support software development tools. You will design scripts and tools used for software development in a mixed C++/Python environment.
You will seamlessly integrate updates of the software using continuous delivery pipelines. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in a growing team. You’ll bring your existing skills, and also learn new ones, as we continuously strive for improvement in software development and deployment.
- Collaborate with the development and operations teams to design, develop and implement automated build, deployment, and test pipelines.
- Support the Continuous Integration System by automating builds; troubleshooting build failures and maintaining documentation of the build.
- Work with QA and Software Engineers by facilitating to deploy and release software, researching solutions to automation issues and integrating these into the system.
- Apply best practices CI and CD principles in supporting the build lifecycle.
- Utilise our Linux build farm throughout the build process.
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, adapting to constantly changing environments.
- 3 - 5 years experience, preferably with a development backgroundExperience with software development with a focus on CI/CD deployment
- Strong experience with Python and a compiled language such as C/C++ or Java (C++ advantageous)
- Experience with software build and release (CMake, Ant, SCons, Premake etc..)
- Knowledge and experience of Continuous Integration tools, specifically Jenkins (Hudson, TeamCity, Nexus, Artifactory).
- Implement builds on Linux operating systems, Linux skills for deployments, troubleshooting and scripting
- A real passion for working in a team
- A drive for quality and continuous improvement
PERKS & BENEFITS.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health cash plan & medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Company’s social events
- Beer O’Clock Fridays
- Learning & development plans
- Foundry’s discount & saving scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.