Submit your job posting if your job should be listed here too!
Submit your job application to C++ employers via Meeting C++
C++ Software Engineer – High Performance Algorithms & Low-Level Linux
published at 27.11.2018 13:00
Location: London, UK
Company: Augmentti presents Squarepoint Capital
Relocation Level: International
There are lots of jobs out there, so I don’t want to waste your time – I’ll jump into some key questions for you (feel free to tune out if it's not for you at any time):
- Do you have a genuine love for C++? (C++11, C++14...let’s be honest – you should!)
- Are you early on in your career (1-3 years) with a true love for C++ or do you have a bit more experience (3-10 years) having worked on low-level, high-performance engineering problems (still in C++)?
- Are you super passionate about performance, low-level programming and really getting close the hardware
- Is Linux your go-to OS at home or work? Or is learning about it a hobby?
- Do you want to make a huge impact from day 1, see that impact shape the business and be very well rewarded for your efforts?
If this sounds like you then here is a bit more about the firm I am working with:
- An incredible team of peers – you would work directly with some of the smartest minds out there – a combination of their super-bright business users and an extremely high calibre team of C++ enthusiasts.
- You will work with a team across the globe to solve some of the most technically complex algorithmic and technical problems around with a huge amount of resources at your disposal.
- A lot of greenfield projects across everything from distributed systems to low-latency, high-frequency programming – think optimising low-level CPU & GPU’s, building high-performance algorithms to large-scale data analytics engines.
- They use modern C++14 (moving to C++17 soon) on Linux – what a tech stack!
- They are a small company with a flat hierarchy so you have more visibility and ability to get things done
- You can see your work have an impact in production straight away and get instant feedback (not many places have this).
- Everyone contributes & collaborates – ranging from design decisions to partners helping with the jira tickets (no egos!).
- They have a genuine willingness to try new things (you can really influence the future of the company)
- There are no silos – you get to see all the systems!
- They have an actual great work-life balance
- They don’t believe in boring work (they are a huge fan of automation and not wasting time too).
If that isn’t enough… they also offer the rewards and resources of a finance firm! Mainly because they are… but don’t worry, they aren’t your typical finance firm (horror story) – they live & breath technology!
If you think this kind of organisation, culture and opportunity could be right for you then please get in touch as I would be more than happy to share specifics about the projects and what you could be working on....
Get in touch - Hit Apply, Send me a Request, DM me or email me - Jamie.Keenan@augmentti.co.uk
Keywords:- C++. Multithreading, Linux, Unix, High-Performance, Operating Systems, Real-Time, Algorithms, High-Frequency, Engine, Low-Level, Embedded, Parallel Computing, HPC, Computer Games, Low-Latency, Algorithms, Distributed Systems, développeur, ingénieur, programmeur, CPU, GPU, Hardware, Kernel, OS, Compiler, Socket, Optimisation, Performance, Latency, Networking