C++ Visualization Engineer at TomTom Amsterdam
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
We have been making navigation devices since 2002 and have been the market leader ever since.
And, we are not slowing down.
- Would you like to bring the navigation experience to live for millions of TomTom users?
- Do you want to work on a solution which works on all sorts of devices and platforms?
- Does a good visualization make you smile more than anything else?
TomTom NavKit delivers its Navigation Solution component to numerous platforms, ranging from mobile devices (Android, iOS), various automotive platforms (QNX, Tizen, WinCE) the desktop and the browser.
You get to work on the rendering of the map. But it doesn’t stop there. You also get introduced to other parts of our navigation software to render: the services that provide the roads, traffic, routes, etc. Click here for more info.
The team is working in close contact with the design team to produce software that is beautiful to look at, feels smooth and has great ease of use.
Here’s a little taste of your challenge
- Produce great code
One minute you are discussing race conditions in multi-threaded code on a review, next you are in a whiteboard session with your colleagues drawing up the design of the next feature: you love what we refer to as “perfect code” that is recognized by your peers as being elegant and simple.
- Bridge the gap
You like to work on the line between the user interface and the code and you appreciate the beauty of both. You have a good sense of the product and the means to interpret an interaction design and map it to changes in the modules of the software.
- Constantly develop yourself
Languages evolve, platforms change and so you learn. You grab the chances we offer to develop yourself because you are curious and like to work with the latest tools and techniques in an ever changing technological landscape.
What we expect from you
- Top-notch programming skills and engineering know how (and a desire to keep learning).
- Ability to think out of the box and bring new ideas to the table.
- Willingness to work on large and complex projects using the latest Agile processes.
- Passion for delivering the best user experience possible on mobile devices.
- Able to work and play well with others; TomTom is a collaborative environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. But if you’re talented, degrees aren’t everything.
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a “start-up” but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don’t jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Amsterdam. A pretty cool city to live and work. Lots of inspiration and when it’s sunny, the whole city comes alive!
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers. The reference to this jobs is 25035.
Your TomTom Recruiter working on this vacancy is Timon Krommendam.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process